Comfort foods are known for making us happy until we wake up the morning after and step on the scale. Whether you have a sweet tooth or a savory tooth, here are some of the comfort foods that are a little bit dangerous to be around (at least if your name is Paul!).
- Cheesecake cereal, the delicious treat with soft dough balls of cheesecake and strawberry strewn throughout
- Cheesecake flavored popcorn
- Strawberry popcorn
- Peanut butter potato chips
- Chocolate covered potato chips
- Creamy spinach with walnuts topped with bacon bits
- Rice with bacon bits
- Cheese biscuits topped with tons of cheddar and bacon bits
- Honey baked chicken breasts
- Chocolate flavored yogurt
On the other side of the health scale lies foods that combine delicious taste with high-powered nutrition. Food that is good for you can also be food that makes you happy, even if it isn’t quite as delectable cheesecake flavored popcorn.
- Greek yogurt with real fruit flavors or combined with granola in a healthy parfait
- Peanut butter and banana toast on whole grain bread
- Oatmeal made with fun mix-ins or flavors like chocolate chips or cinnamon
- A piece of ripe fruit, like a sweet summer peach of crisp pear
- A handful of roasted and unsalted nuts, like cashews or pistachios
- Bright vegetables and a couple tablespoons of flavored hummus
- A latte made with skim milk instead of whole and a fun boost of flavored sugar-free syrup
- Chocolate milk, which actually has a winning combination of protein and carbs for a post-workout treat
- Whole grain crackers and a flavorful cheese
- A bowl full of sweet late-summer berries like strawberries or raspberries
Comment below with your favorite indulgent or deliciously healthy treats!